Monday, November 9, 2009

Inspiration

Fashion and Design: Two Sides of the Same Coin?

I love to read blogs and the two things I enjoy reading the most are fashion and design. I'm not exactly the most artistic person you'll ever know (more like the opposite) but I think it makes sense that ideas used in either fashion or design can apply to the other. For example, I saw this post about using black and navy blue colors together in rooms. It looks amazing, particularly when there is a splash of crisp white thrown in. I just thought, its a nice twist on an all black outfit.

What inspired me:


Source: Apartment Therapy


How it can be done:


(l-r)Vanessa Bruno Bead-embellished bustier dress, Moschino Double-breasted wool dress

(Source: Net-A-Porter)


How to do it with separates:


(l-r)Marc Jacob Double-breasted wool-blend coat, Narciso Rodriguez Wool twill off-the-shoulder dress
Sometimes you get up in the morning and you just want to wear something simple, easy and black. While a black dress with black tights and black booties is stylish and monochromatic, it can seem really blah when you are already feeling blah. Just add a navy blue wool coat. Even though it still seems understated and somber, the subtle pop of blue gives the whole look just a slight twist with little effort.

(Source: Net-A-Porter)

No comments: