Saturday, July 18, 2009

Look of the Week


This design takes two trends I love right now (zipper and bows...so 80's) and puts it in one grey dress. I would definitely wear this but there's no bra which makes this kind of backless dress difficult for me. I love it so much, I don't even care that I wouldn't have any real support in the chest.

This bra dilemma reminds me of an article I read recently in NYTimes about new designers going out on their own. In the article, the designer, Joseph Altuzarra, lives in NYC but designs in Europe. He explained what the buyers at American stores told him will sell better: "They [the buyers] said American women won’t wear dresses without a bra. “The bra thing in America is huge, in comparison to Europe,” he said." This I believe to be true, women here have a much more modest sensibility than

Yves Saint Laurent Spring 2009 RTW
Model: Chanel Iman
Photo: Marcio Madeira

No comments: