Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Funny Quotes from another blog

So I read many blogs. Sometimes they make me angry, sometimes they inspire me, and this time I laughed my head off.

I found out about this blogger from the Sartorialist when everyone was talking about how he ditched his wife and hooked up with the French blogger/photographer Garance Doré. At first, I thought "ok, this woman stole someone's husband so I can default to disliking her but lets see whats so great about her" but then I realized these people's relationships are none of my business! hahaha So I added her blog to my Google Reader and she is quite charming and talented. Garance writes in French and it gets translated into English by another blogger who I haven't checked out yet.

But back to what I read on her blog today that are hilarious:

"A photo of me that I like! It’s a miracle! I hate all photos of myself, and the worst of it is that I have this HORRIBLE theory about people who hate photos of themselves. It’s that they think they’re a lot more attractive than they really are. Voilà. So I have this incredible admiration for people who are comfortable with their image...."
Way too funny and while I never thought of it this way before, I am convinced it is true. I like a lot of pictures of myself...so does that conversely mean I am more attractive than I think I am? That'd be kinda cool

"No but seriously now, tell me, do they put something in their lattes so you go through withdrawal thinking I’m-going-to-have-a-breakdown-if-I-don’t-get-my-latte every time you pass within a mile of a Starbucks?"
Boyf agrees and I just thought it was so true. It's not even that great of a drink but I gotta say I crave my double tall skinny vanilla latte. mmmm its the middle of the night but I could totally go for one.

Check out her site:

No comments: